Thursday, November 20, 2014

Week 5 EOC : Seduction of the online surfer

I really believe my work can sell itself, BUT how? How if they're not even interested on my first page, I also think a slideshow will definitely work to get people on my website, I'm really glad I know how to use the software and I can edit and manipulate pictures and gratefully make them look good.
A slideshow of some of my work, for example screenshots of the music videos I've done, also pictures of the gear and equipment that I've used in the past related to my industry, as well as shots were you can see me working backstage as well as others.
Before anything happens, first I need to test my website...and by that I mean showing it to people to see if they'd be interested on contacting me or keeping me for future references.
Second, create an amazing blog, go for the " this is how I made it" type of deal. you'll feel the support from everyone once you start seeing all these visitors.
Third, you can also no matter how weird it sounds, give your best work for free!, and by that I mean, sell yourself with the best of what you have, I say free because it's online, so upload those high resolution pictures, songs from your latest work and others.



"The online world is an attention economy. Attention is finite, and therefore scarce. So if you want people to pay attention to you, you need to earn it."

Here are the 15 facts you should know on how people view websites.

  1. Text attracts more attention than pictures.
  2. People start viewing your website from the top left corner.
  3. Readers ignore banners. Surprise, suprise.
  4. Fancy fonts are ignored.
  5. People only scan the lower parts of your website.
  6. Short paragraphs work better than long ones.
  7. Ads, that are placed on the top or left part of your website, get the most views.
  8. Ads, that are placed inside or below an awesome piece of content, get more views.
  9. Big pictures attract more attention than small ones.
  10. Also headlines draw attention.
  11. Visitors spend more time looking at menus and buttons than other parts of your website.
  12. Lists are better at keeping your reader focused than large paragraphs.
  13. Some people even completely ignore large chunks of text.
  14. White space is good!
  15. Menu works best when placed on the top part of your website.

No comments:

Post a Comment